Tauraso Medical Clinic
Home
Environmental Medicine
Target Ailments
Nutritional Related Diseases
Contact Us
Directions to Clinic
Office Practices
Dr. Tauraso's Curriculum Vitae
Dietary Supplements
Adjunctive Healing Modalities
Treatment Modalities
Dr. Tauraso's Blog
Dr. Tauraso's Medical Updates
Order Online

 

 

Welcome

Monday, March 24, 2008

CONTAMINATED CANTALOUPES

CONTAMINATED CANTALOUPES

Concerning the problem of cantaloupes contaminated with salmonella, an easy and simple way to decontaminate the cantaloupes (or any other fruit for that matter) is to immerse and wash the fruit in 10% Clorox. It would be reasonable to assume that the contamination is not within the fruit itself but on the surface instead.

The 10% Clorox is also a good procedure to wash off any surface contaminated pesticides and herbicides. It would not remove these substances if they are the absorbable types of pesticides and herbicides.

Because I just got the comment: "maybe you can clear this up, but isn't Clorox a toxin that is potentially harmful if swallowed?," I will add as I should have explained the Clorox is completely soluble in water and the fruit must be rinsed thoroughly after the Clorox wash which should be for about 10 minutes.

nicola michael (c. Tauraso, M.D.)
Director, Tauraso Medical Clinic
Web site: www.drtauraso.com
Blog site: http://www.drtauraso.com/blog/index.htm
Email: drtauraso@drtauraso.com




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you can clear this up, but isn't Clorox a toxin that is potentially harmful if swallowed?

March 25, 2008 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Dr. Tauraso said...

Thank you for your excellant comment. Yes Clorox is a toxin containing large amounts of chlorine gas. After immersing the fruit in the 10% Clorox for about 10 minutes you will need to rinse off the Clorox thoroughly. Since Clorox is an aqueous (water) solution of chlorine gas it can very easily be rinsed off. But remember, if you live in a major city with municipal water supply, you will be washing off the Clorox with water containing chlorine and perhaps fluoride. Isn't it hard to get away from all those environmental toxins?
Thanks, anyway for your comment. I welcome others.

Dr. Tauraso

March 25, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home